Process QA Engineer
Do you have engineer experience in a manufacturing / industrial experience? Are you looking for a new Direct-Hire opportunity with a company benefits package? Luttrell Staffing Group in Roselle is recruiting for Process QA Engineer positions.
Pay: $65,000 - $70,000 / year(+ full company benefits package)
Schedule: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (45 hrs/week)
Job details for Process QA Engineer:
- Responsible for ensuring quality for internal/external special processes – steel making, forging, heat treatment, electroplating, coating and NDT
- Coordinate special process related quality audits, internally and with third-party vendors
- Develop and validate special process related PPAP and initial production packages.
- Work directly with special process vendors to address issues and improve quality.
- Oversee in-house heat treatment quality and metallurgical testing.
- Train and mentor heat treat personnel on fundamental principles of heat treatment.
- Oversee magnetic particle inspection and ensure that procedures follow industry standards.
- Attain level II certification and train level I inspectors.
- Understand the manufacturing flow of each special process.
- Analyze and validate the quality of product made from special processes such as steel bars, heat treated parts.
- Apply metallurgical knowledge to determine root cause of quality issues.
- Complete internal and external audits.
- Complete corrective actions, from root cause analysis to final validation.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- Use automotive quality core tools – APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, and SPC.
- Develop standards and drawings related to special processes.
Requirements for Process QA Engineer:
- Engineering Degree (Bachelor’s degree in engineering) is a must; materials science engineering degree is strongly preferred.
- Metallurgic skills/experience
- 3 to 5 years of special process manufacturing experience (heat Treat, forging, steel making) strongly preferred; heat treatment experience is a plus
- Spanish or Japanese language skills a plus
- Experience with Minitab or similar statistical software is a plus
- Computer Skills - Experience with drafting software (i.e. MicroCADAM, Solidworks,etc.) is a plus
Essential Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Bump caps, steel toe safety shoes, and safety glasses are required in all production areas. Hearing protection is encouraged and may be required in specific areas.
This is a direct-hire opportunity!
Interested? Click the link to apply then call our office (224) 653-8289 to schedule your interview TODAY!
Our office is located at 1520 W. Lake St. | Roselle, IL 60172 (DuPage County, Illinois)
*For more information or other opportunities, text Luttrell to 25000.*