Senior Level Payroll Specialist
Are you looking for a direct hire position, bilingual in Spanish, and have at least 5 years of payroll experience? Luttrell Staffing Group in Santa Maria, CA is currently hiring a Senior Level Payroll Specialist for one of their clients in Buellton, CA.
Details for Senior Level Payroll Specialist position:
- Full-Time, Direct Hire
- 5+ years experience
- $65k-$75k annually
- 40 hours per week
- Primarily in an office environment, will be expected to travel as needed
- Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Key Duties for Senior Level Payroll Specialist:
- Explains and interprets complex payroll information to employees at all levels of the organization
- Uses analytical skills to identify and address potential issues
- Assists in specialized processing and assigned projects, requiring more detailed knowledge of payroll procedures
- Reviews audit reports for processing errors and request corrections as necessary
- Researches employee questions and provides resolution, as dictated by company policy
- Organizes and maintains records to enable special processing that reduces the occurrences of incorrect payroll payments
- Assists in special projects and testing on new processing systems
- Provides training as needed
- Communicates all discrepancies to controller
- Process payroll bi-weekly
- Ensure payroll information is being maintained and accurately updated by collecting, and calculating figures based on data provided.
- Obtain supervisory approval of all time sheets
- Sends daily reports to supervisor to approve time sheets
- Process bonuses
- Ensure payroll file is accurate and complies with appropriate FLSA calculations for regular, holiday, over-time, and paid time off.
- Review and understand all company policies with respects to those polices that may govern the assigned payroll responsibilities
- Responsible for updating the following payroll records; changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job title, department transfers etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- May work on other projects as it relates to the accounting department
Competencies for Senior Level Payroll Specialist position:
- Planning and Organizing
- Creativity and Innovation
- Judgement and Decision making
- Teamwork and Relationship building
- Adaptability and Change Management skills
- Develops team and self
- Accountability and Productivity
Special Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Requirements for Senior Level Payroll Specialist position:
- 5+ years in a payroll position
- Familiarity with accounting principles relating to funds disbursements, payroll tax statutory requirements and payment regulations
- Microsoft Office/Suite proficient (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
Desired Requirements for position:
- Bilingual in Spanish
- 7+years of working in high volume payroll department
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- CPP Certification
Physical Requirements for Senior Level Payroll Specialist:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply today by clicking on the link below, then contact our office at (805)928-6555.
Malaina was born in San Luis Obispo and raised in Santa Maria, CA. She joined the Luttrell Staffing Group team in March of 2018 after her prior employer, ABBA Employer Services, Inc., was acquired by Luttrell Staffing. In her former work as a waitress, Malaina gained a love for customer service and helping people in any way possible. She started her staffing career doing payroll and clerical work and eventually worked her way to recruitment. During her spare time, Malaina loves spending time with her husband and family, doing BBQs, and watching movies.