Solid Waste General Labor
Do you have experience working in general labor and/or general maintenance? Do you also enjoy working outdoors? Luttrell Staffing Group in Bristol is hiring for Solid Waste General Labor positions!
Job duties and details for Solid Waste General Labor:
- Provide landfill and compost site maintenance to include debris removal, mowing and weed-eating.
- Operate equipment such as riding and push mowers and pickup trucks, to complete assigned projects such as mowing operations and/or debris removal.
- Ensure the safety of equipment, private property and others by following proper safety procedures, checking and flagging traffic; perform routine checks and preventive maintenance on equipment; identifies and reports equipment malfunctions; clean equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Day shift.
- 40+ hours per week.
- Pay rate $10.00/hr.
Job requirements for Solid Waste General Labor:
- Qualified candidates must have knowledge and/or experience in methods, tools and equipment used in general clean-up of and maintenance of street appearance.
- Knowledge of the proper procedures for operating, inspecting and maintaining assigned equipment.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations governing the operation of equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and safety regulations related to equipment operation, hazardous materials, traffic patterns and conditions, and other work related precautions to include basic first aid.
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort in light work.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of moderate weight (20+ lbs).
- Must be able to work outdoors, which may require being exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen odors, wetness, humidity, weather, fumes, temperature, extreme noise, hazardous materials, machinery, vibrations, traffic hazards, toxic agents, animals/wildlife, water hazards, disease or pathogenic substances.
- Diploma/GED is required.
- Valid drivers license is required.
Please apply by clicking the link below, then call our office (423) 764-1334 today!
*For more information on this or other opportunities, text Luttrell to 25000*
Beth Chapman is a Staffing Coordinator with Luttrell Staffing Group. She is passionate about making sure that she meets the needs of both her clients as well as local job seekers. Beth recently started her new position after previously serving as the Bristol office's Administrative Assistant position since October 2016.