Tax Preparer | Staff Accountant
Are you an experienced accountant and tax preparer? Luttrell Staffing Group in Abingdon is currently recruiting for Tax Preparer | Staff Accountant for one of our clients. If interested, apply today!
Job details for Tax Preparer | Staff Accountant:
- Monday - Thursday, except during tax season when it is Monday - Friday.
- 1st Shift, 7:30am-5pm
- Pay rate $14.00/hour
- Maintain clients general ledger accounts on QuickBooks desktop.
- Process client payroll and payroll tax deposits and payroll tax deposits to Federal and State tax withholding.
- Process AP and performing bank reconciliations for clients' books of accounts.
- Prepare financial accounts, general ledger and budget reports as requested by clients.
Job duties during Tax Season :
- Prepare/input individual federal and state tax income tax using Intuit Pro-Series.
- Prepare/input corporation federal and state tax income tax return using Intuit Pro-Series.
- Assist with contacting clients to obtain tax prep paper-works and information from clients when necessary.
- Research tax treatment of unusual transaction for income tax return.
Job requirements for Tax Preparer | Staff Accountant:
- Qualified candidates must have degree in Accountancy, at least 5 years of relevant work experience, demonstrated experience with QuickBooks and Pro-Series tax preparation software
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience within a CPA firm or tax preparatory practice
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive tax paper information
- Must be comfortable speaking to clients on the phone
Please apply by clicking the link below, then call our office at (276) 623-0039. We look forward to hearing from you!