Are you looking for a great opportunity with a well-established company? Luttrell Staffing Group is currently hiring for a Direct-Hire Buyer position for one of their clients in Vonore, TN. If you are interested, apply today!
- Full-Time, Direct Hire position
Essential Duties for Buyer MRP position:
- Interpret Material Requirement Planning MRP and issue purchase orders based on MRP information.
- Issue purchase orders as required per MRP data and ensure each purchase order is confirmed by the supplier.
- Ensure vendor lead times are adhered to as well as order quantities.
- Follow up on late deliveries and obtain new due dates from the supplier. Expedite and de-expedite deliveries as required by MRP data.
- Plan inventory to minimize inventory on-hand while ensuring freight costs and stock-outs are minimized.
- Participate in MRB and obtain return authorization from suppliers in a timely manner.
- Process return in QAD and provide paperwork to shipping.
- Research and resolve receiving and invoice discrepancies and communicate clearly with the receiving department and accounting.
- Reduce cost of materials through innovative cost down activity.
- Request quotations to ensure best value is attained.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Work Qualifications:
- A 4-year college degree in business management is preferred along with 3 years of related on-the-job experience.
- Proficiency in MRP systems, Microsoft Office applications; especially Excel.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and math.
- Understanding of ordering via Internet, understanding of drawings and revisions.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Environmental and Work Conditions for Buyer MRP:
- Work involves walking, standing, sitting, reaching, etc.
- Majority of work performed in general office temperature-controlled environment, some work may be required in non-air-conditioned manufacturing environment subject to seasonal temperature variations.
Apply today by clicking on the link below, send resume to bsparks@LStaff.com, then call our office at 865-233-7502. We look forward to hearing from you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Brad is a recent graduate of Bryan College and is currently pursuing his M.B.A. there. He joined the Knoxville team in June of 2017, and is excited to build client satisfaction and help people find jobs. Brad enjoys playing and watching sports and is a big fan of the Tennessee Vols.