Controls Engineer | Direct Hire
Louisville, KY 40201 US
Are you ready for a fresh start? Make the move to Bowling Green, KY and continue your path in production engineering. Apply with Luttrell Staffing Group for Controls Engineer | Direct Hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES for Controls Engineer:
- Develops and implements activities to reduce machine downtime while increasing process efficiency.
- Researches, designs, and develops controls systems for industrial use utilizing knowledge in control engineering.
- Provides design and technical support of PLC based hardware and control systems in a production environment (including Siemens and Allen Bradley).
- Manages Capital projects from conception to installation as directed by the Engineering Management team while following OSHA, EPA and local Building Code regulations.
- Identifies safety concerns while repairing, maintaining and calibrating automated assembly lines.
- Maintains controls and equipment in a professional manner.
- Understands and maintains all instrumentation systems required in the assembly processes while working in a team environment.
- Develops and maintains calibration systems and records in accordance with Quality and Safety Systems.
- Interfaces with outside Machine / Control Vendors for the purpose of troubleshooting and redefining processes.
- Communicates effectively with Design, Product, and Quality Departments at the corporate level.
- Develops Electrical and Mechanical Documentation for equipment.
- Develops and implements operator work instructions.
- Ensures compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for TS16949 and ISO14001.
Qualifications & Requirements for Controls Engineer:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in a fast paced, continuous improvement, production environment.
- Experience with control systems design, specification, documentation, programming, troubleshooting, testing, and installation for automations and manufacturing equipment.
- Experience using software driven controls: Programmable Logic Controllers, Allen Bradley SLC, Siemens Step 7, and RS Logix 5000 Operator interfaces, Fanuc Robot, MES Systems (iGear, Ignition), process control systems including temperature, position, torque, and force control.
- Knowledge of control and safety standards, NEC and local codes, servo systems, PC, PLC, and HMI programming is required.
- Must be able to interpret and modify electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Statistical evaluation software familiarity a plus.
- Strong Problem solving skills required.
- Strong Written and Oral communications skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities is required.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles is required.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime.
- Greenbelt Certification preferred.
We can't wait to tell you more about this exciting opportunity, Apply Today!
Luttrell Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sherry joined the Luttrell Staffing Group (formerly Quality Personnel) team in 1998 after spending 11 years in industrial payroll, accounting, purchasing, workers' compensation, and inventory control. After working for four years as a CSR, Sherry became the division manager for the Bowling Green office in October of 2002. She holds an associate degree in Secretarial Science and a bachelor’s degree in Office Administration from Western Kentucky University, and obtained her CSP (Certified Staffing Professional) certificate in April 2015.