Entry-Level Manual Machinist
SANTA MARIA, CA
Do you have some mechanical experience and understanding of technical drawings? Luttrell Staffing Group is currently hiring for a local manufacturing company that has an immediate opening for an Entry-Level Manual Machinist. This is a full time temp-to-hire position for the right person with benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing available after conversion! If you are interested, apply today!
This position is 1st shift (7:00 am to 4:00 pm).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Entry-Level Manual Machinist position:
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine speed of machine, etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Have your own precision tools
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Education and other Requirements for Entry-Level Manual Machinist position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
- Must be reliable, responsible and willing to learn.
Apply today by clicking on the link below, then contact our office at 805-928-6555.