Inside Sales I - Salinas and Watsonville
Watsonville, CA 93901 US
Job Title: Inside Sales I
Reports to: Director of Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation: $22-$26/hr plus commissions
Summary: Inside Sales Personnel build market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating,
and closing business relationships, thereby contributing to the growth and profitability of the Company.
This position requires selling in both Watsonville, Salinas, and the surrounding areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Bilingual with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to display polite and professional etiquette, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to respond well to pressure while maintaining a positive demeanor.
- Strategic problem-solving and decision-making.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Flexibility to meet situational needs.
- Maintain regular and expected attendance.
- Effectively plan and manage appointments, calls, and other interactions.
- Utilize the Applicant Tracking System to track sales development, initiatives, and strategies.
- Sales Activity must be strategic and lead to sales progress.
- Keep abreast of industry, business, and market trends, including competitive information, new businesses, company. closings, layoffs, and expansions/organizational charts.
- Ability to work and communicate frequently with all internal staff to review progress, establish strategies, and discuss accomplishments, challenges, and goals.
- Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, and participate in professional organizations.
- Attend networking opportunities twice monthly, such as SHRM, Chamber functions, HR Associations, etc. Document contacts made in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Maintain accurate files and records such as Information Forms, Proposals, Weekly Sales Reports, and Track Lists.
- Miminimum of 2 years sales experience preferred.
Key Performance Indicators used to measure performance:
- Weekly Sales Activity
- Sales Strategy
- Weekly Meetings: Phone, In-Person, Virtual (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Sales Close Rate (Percentage of leads that become customers.)
- Networking/Community Events, as required.
- Gross Profit Generated
- Primarily sedentary work that involves sitting/standing
- Ability to walk a considerable distance for an hour at a time, with or without notice on facility tours.
- Some lifting and material handling is involved, especially in facility tours.
- Frequent driving
Supervisory Role: This position does not have supervisory responsibility.