Unit Director | Youth Development
Are you looking for a great part-time opportunity to work with kids in a well-established setting? Boys and Girls Club-Hawkins County, is hiring a Unit Director for their facility in Rogersville, TN. If you are interested, apply today!
Details for position:
- Part-Time, Direct Hire
- Pay: Based on Experience
- 25 hours during the winter months and 40 hours during the summer
Key duties include:
- Establish unit programs and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure the evaluation of unit programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity. Compile regular reports reflecting all programs, activities, attendance and participation.
- Participate in development, implementation and monitoring of the unit’s annual budget, ensuring that programs and activities are operated within established budgetary guidelines.
- Recruit, select and manage assigned staff and volunteers, ensuring productive and effective performance. Provide ongoing feedback and regular appraisal; identify and support professional development opportunities.
- Oversees proper record keeping and reporting including programs and activities conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of unit programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
- Purchase approved supplies and equipment.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- May be required to drive Club van periodically.
- May consult with parents concerning members and branch issues.
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work closely with Advisory Board in securing funds, building relationships, and being a part of the local community
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organizational planning and supervising activities based on the development needs of young people.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervises and motivates staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Please click on the link below to apply, then call our office (423) 272-8115 today!
*For more information on this or other opportunities, text Luttrell to 25000*